Joomla! 1.5 SEOPaperback: 300 pages | Publisher: Packt Publishing | Language: English | ISBN-10: 1847198163 | 7MB
Improve the search engine friendliness of your web site
* Improve the rankings of your Joomla! site in the search engine result pages such as Google, Yahoo, and Bing
* Improve your web site SEO performance by gaining and producing incoming links to your web site
* Market and measure the success of your blog by applying SEO
* Integrate analytics and paid advertising into your Joomla! blog
Some sites always appear at the top of a search result while others fail to even make it to the top ten. Wouldn’t you want to see your site on the first page of any search result? This is not easily feasible if you are depending solely on the marketing guys whom you hire for SEO.
Joomla! SEO will help you to attract more visitors and improve the way you rank in search engines by giving you the techniques and knowledge to work your site into higher visitor numbers. It will help you to create and improve your site in an easy way. Joomla! is great, and you can make it perform even better by using the guidelines and ideas in this book.
Search Engine Optimization is becoming a must for every web site. As the competition on the Internet grows you need to make sure your site is among the top results on the major search engines. More and more people use search engines to find the information they are looking for, so you need to make sure you show up in those search result pages to get those visitors to your web site.
What you will learn from this book?
* Set up your SEO and Keyword strategy
* Develop and implement a plan to improve the ranking of your web site
* Organize your content in a search engine-friendly and user-friendly way
* Get more SEO improvement possibilities with an SEF patch
* Impress the search engines and your visitors by writing titles and articles
* Set up a Joomla! blog and run its RSS feed using Google’s FeedBurner service
* Install and use sh404SEF, an SEF component to improve your URLs
* Pick a good SEO template for speed and SEO techniques
* Speed up your site with better images and cache settings
* Monitor visitors and keep a track of the visits to your site using Statcounter stats and Google Analytics
This is a practical, hands-on book that will lead you through the process of search engine optimization of your Joomla!-based web site. It provides clear instructions and detailed screenshots, so you can see exactly what to do at each step in the SEO process.
Once you have finished reading the book and gone through the detailed plans from each chapter, you will have the knowledge to improve the rankings and visitor numbers of almost any Joomla!-based web site.
Some prior knowledge of Joomla! is expected but no prior knowledge of search engine optimization is needed for this book. The reader will get a deeper level of knowledge on how to make their web site rank better and attract more visitors to their site.
About the Author
Herbert-Jan van Dinther
Herbert-Jan van Dinther has been building and optimizing web sites for search engines for over 10 years.He also blogs about Joomla! and SEO, on blog.hummerbie.com which is recommend reading by Steve Burge from Alledia.com. He combines his knowledge of Open Source Content management systems like Joomla!, WordPress, and Drupal, and Search Engine Optimization into high ranking web sites on several topics.